Our History

Philadelphia Baptist Church in Stanfield, North Carolina, was founded in 1891. Church meetings were originally held in the Brooks School House nearby. After meeting attendance grew, a church building was first established in 1892 at its current site. The current campus includes a sanctuary with a basement, educational facility, and a fellowship building with a basement.

The current sanctuary was built in 1951 and remodeled in 1995. The Education facility was built in 1965 and the Fellowship facility was built in 1988.

Philadelphia Baptist has been blessed with 6 pastors since 1948, and 23 since its charter.

Rev. Dwight Mabry retired in 2017 after 39 years of ministry at Philadelphia. The church called its current Pastor Dr. Carey C. Snellings in March of 2018.

Currently, Philadelphia Baptist Church consists of families who have been in the church for several generations, and congregants new to the community and our local church body. As the congregation continues to grow, and build upon the foundation laid by those who came before, Philadelphia remains committed to the upward call of Christ. A calling shared by all members to keep the disciple-making mandate of Great Commission, which compels each to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with all who would have ears to hear and a heart to receive, and subsequently train Christ followers to grow in Christlikeness.